If like me you have purchased a pair of Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones and are finding your bose headphones won’t connect with the Bose Connect Windows app or pairing them with a Windows 10 laptop, and you have already tried the advice of updating the firmware on the headphones and updating your bluetooth drivers and still no joy, this is what worked for me.
- How to connect Bose bluetooth headphones
- How to connect Bose QC35 headphones to my laptop or PC?
- Did this help you? Buy me a Coffee to say Thanks
- Looking for more Bose products?
- Upgrade your Bose headphones with some new earpads!
- Frequently asked questions
How to connect Bose bluetooth headphones
A lot of people are having trouble with Bose Q35 pairing to Windows laptops. I am running a Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 and had updated the firmware on the headphones, and updated the bluetooth and wireless drivers on my laptop but was still struggling with how to pair Bose QC35 with my laptop.
Thinking I had to download special Bose drivers for windows 10, I could not get them to connect. I was going to give up. So I took to Google.
"How do I connect my Bose headphones to Windows 10?" There had to be a solution for such an expensive pair of headphones, right?
So after many hours of trying, I finally discovered how to do it! It was not straightforward but I got them working.
The steps I used are detailed below - I hope it helps you!
How to connect Bose QC35 headphones to my laptop or PC?
- On the QC35, push the button on the right earpiece all the way to the Bluetooth sign and hold it there for at least 10 seconds. Do this with the headset on your head, so you can hear the commands: “all paired devices cleared” and “ready to pair.” (These may not be the exact phrases you hear, but close.)
- When the QC35 has spoken, lift your finger off the button, and the QC35 will return the button to the “on” position. Leave it there and put the QC35 somewhat close to your PC (3-6 feet).
- On the PC, right-click the start button and click Control Panel.
- Click on “Device Manager.” Then click on the > next to “Bluetooth.” If you see “Bose QC35” in that list, right click it and delete it.
- Close “Device Manager” and click on “Devices and Printers.” If you see any “Bose QC35” in the list of devices, right-click it and remove it.
- Close Control Panel and locate the Bluetooth icon on the right side of the task bar (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). Click on it and then click on “Add a Bluetooth device.”
- Because your QC35 is still in “Pairing” mode, you will see one or more buttons on that screen that say “Bose QC35 Ready to Pair.”
- Click on the depiction that shows QC35 with a headset icon (not a phone and screen icon) and the pairing will start. Be patient, as software has to be reloaded to the Device Manager.
- After that process is complete, go back to “Control Panel” and click on “Sound.” Find “Headphones, Bose QC35 Stereo and make that the Default. Get out of Control Panel.
- Go to the Speaker icon on the taskbar and make sure it is set to 100%.
- Now put your QC35 on your head and play some music on your computer. You should hear the sound through the QC35. If you do not, it might be that the volume has been decreased to zero on the QC35, so push the Volume (+) button on the QC35 repeatedly until you hear the music.
- Enjoy your music!
Did this help you? Buy me a Coffee to say Thanks
Try Audible for Free
Looking for more Bose products?
Upgrade your Bose headphones with some new earpads!
I personally use my Bose Noise Cancelling headphones for studying - what do you use yours for?
Frequently asked questions
How do I connect QC35 to Windows 10?
Once your headphones are in pairing mode search for new bluetooth devices on your Windows 10 device. If you cannot connect or have problems click the post above for some troubleshooting steps that worked for me.
How do I connect my Bose to my Laptop?
On your headphones put them into pairing mode and search for new bluetooth devices on your laptop. If this does not work please click the post above for some troubleshooting steps.
Is there a Bose Connect app for Windows 10?
No there is no app you just connect your devices via Bluetooth, if you are experiencing issues make sure both your windows device is up to date with drivers and you have updated the software on your headphones.
How do I connect my Bose QuietComfort 35 to Windows 10?
On your Bose QC35 headphones push the button on the right headphone all the way to the bluetooth sign and hold it there for at least 6 seconds or until you hear all paired devices cleared.
Bose headphones won't connect to iphone
The process to connect your Bose headphones using bluetooth should work the same to your iphone as your laptop or pc
Bose QC35 II
For more information on these amazing headphones please visit - https://www.bose.co.uk/
Please check out my other posts on: