If like me you have purchased a pair of Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones and are having problems with Bose Connect Windows 10 or pairing them with a Windows 10 laptop, and you have already tried the advice of updating the firmware on the headphones and updating your bluetooth drivers and still no joy, this is what worked for me.
I am running a Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 and had updated the firmware on the headphones, and updated the bluetooth and wireless drivers on my laptop but was still unable to pair my headphones.
How do I connect my Bose wireless headphones to my laptop?
- On the QC35, push the button on the right earpiece all the way to the Bluetooth sign and hold it there for at least 10 seconds. Do this with the headset on your head, so you can hear the commands: “all paired devices cleared” and “ready to pair.” (These may not be the exact phrases you hear, but close.)
- When the QC35 has spoken, lift your finger off the button, and the QC35 will return the button to the “on” position. Leave it there and put the QC35 somewhat close to your PC (3-6 feet).
- On the PC, right-click the start button and click Control Panel.
- Click on “Device Manager.” Then click on the > next to “Bluetooth.” If you see “Bose QC35” in that list, right click it and delete it.
- Close “Device Manager” and click on “Devices and Printers.” If you see any “Bose QC35” in the list of devices, right-click it and remove it.
- Close Control Panel and locate the Bluetooth icon on the right side of the task bar (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). Click on it and then click on “Add a Bluetooth device.”
- Because your QC35 is still in “Pairing” mode, you will see one or more buttons on that screen that say “Bose QC35 Ready to Pair.”
- Click on the depiction that shows QC35 with a headset icon (not a phone and screen icon) and the pairing will start. Be patient, as software has to be (re)loaded to the Device Manager.
- After that process is complete, go back to “Control Panel” and click on “Sound.” Find “Headphones, Bose QC35 Stereo and make that the Default. Get out of Control Panel.
- Go to the Speaker icon on the taskbar and make sure it is set to 100%.
- Now put your QC35 on your head and play some music on your computer. You should hear the sound through the QC35. If you do not, it might be that the volume has been decreased to zero on the QC35, so push the Volume (+) button on the QC35 repeatedly until you hear the music.
- Enjoy your music!
You can purchase the Bose QC35’s on Amazon.co.uk for £285
If you do purchase the bose noise cancelling headphones by using the Amazon link above I will receive a small commission which goes towards running this site – the price you pay is not affected.
For more information on these amazing headphones please visit – https://www.bose.co.uk/