If you are looking for a Cisco Console Cable for your Ipad, I have been using this one for a few days now and can report it is brilliant.
The cable is the C2-RJ45 available from www.get-console.com and you will also require the app available from the app store.
As soon as you plug the cable in, your ipad will ask you if you want to install the app – it costs £6.99 in the UK
Once you have installed the app just connect the RJ45 end of the cable into the console port of your device and it just works!
The original version of this cable only worked with Cisco devices but this version now supports many devices which I will list below. Get Console offer you a 100% money back guarantee if the cable does not work with your device.
Another great feature of this cable / app is for remote engineers you can easily share the session on the ipad via the get-console website if you have an internet connection to your ipad.
So a remote engineer who is having problems can give access to his device back to base. I have not tried any other options but if you are looking for a Console Cable for Ipad. I can highly recommend this one.
Taken from the get-console.com support page.
Get Console has been extensively tested internally with the serial console ports of most main stream network equipment vendors. While this below list provides equipment we have tested, the settings required maybe different. For example, the Cisco 3500XL switches require hardware flow control enabled in the Get Console app settings to work
In addition to the below list, other users have independently emailed us to advise that Get Console, Redpark C2-RJ45 and the RJ45-to-DB9 adaptor work with other equipment. This equipment is listed in the Known-to-Work list also in this forum.
- All Cisco equipment with RJ45 Serial Console port except for: low end Cisco 300 Series Switches and Linksys brand switches.
- All Juniper equipment with Rj45 Serial Console port, and Juniper equipment with DB9 Serial console port when used with the RJ45-to-DB9 dongle
- All Alcatel Lucent equipment with RJ45 Serial Console port, or DB9 with above adaptor
- All Brocade equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All Fortinet equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All Infoblox equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All A series and E series HP Switches with RJ45 or DB9 serial console ports (requires null modem adaptor for HP Procurve series)
- All H3C switches with RJ45 or DB9 serial console ports
- All Packeteer / Bluecoat equipment with DB9 serial console ports – require Null Modem adaptor with C2-RJ45 to work.