I have let my CCIE Written Exam expire and I need to schedule my CCIE Lab Exam!
So I am going to just brush up on a few topics and get this exam passed.
The topic I am going to be focussing on today is Implement IPv6
From the exam topics you need to be happy with the following subjects.
- Implement IP version 6 (IPv6) addressing and different addressing types
- Implement IPv6 neighbor discovery
- Implement basic IPv6 functionality protocols
- Implement tunneling techniques
- Implement OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3)
- Implement EIGRP version 6 (EIGRPv6)
- Implement filtering and route redistribution
This information was taken from the CCIE Written exam blueprint here:
You do not need to be an IPv6 guru for the written exam or even for the lab exam but you do need to have a very good understanding of the topics above and how IPv6 works.
The best resource to prepare for the CCIE Written Exam is the official guide from Cisco
I have this on my kindle and am just brushing over a few topics in spare moments of time.
I will get the exam booked for a couple weeks and when I have passed the ccie written, I can then schedule the lab exam and at this moment in time am looking at a August timeframe.
Wherever you are in your journey, good luck and if you want any tips or advice please comment below.